Monday, June 29, 2009

THEIR LAWN WAS A RECYCLING CENTER

THEIR LAWN WAS A RECYCLING CENTER
there’s this one house
on Highland street
in which live some owners
who must have really pissed somebody off
maybe they pissed everybody off
because it seems to be the theme
of this neighborhood
to throw all your empty beer cans
right on their great, big lawn
each day I walk by
the cans pile up
until one day when it has been cleaned
and the process begins again
I always think to myself
what a funny prank it would be
to pick some lawn
and always throw your empties there
I get angry sometimes
because it wasn’t my idea
but you can’t win ‘em all
so my best bet
is to start driving past this house
(way out of my way)
this house with the great, big lawn
and maybe add some of my own artwork
to it

No comments: