Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A POEM - THIS LIFE THING, IT'S UP TO YOU!

THIS LIFE THING, IT’S UP TO YOU!
I’d forgotten something
In my cabin
So I was walking back there
At a steady clip.
Along the dirt path,
Across the lawn,
And then over a high wooden bridge
With a dry, jagged riverbed below.
There, on the bridge
Was a guy about my age
He had one of his legs on a rail
Like he was about to climb up there
He was startled to see me coming
And he quickly pulled his leg
Back down onto the bridge.
“oh, thank god,” he moaned,
Looking at me desperately.
“were you sent here by god
to save me from jumping off this bridge?”
“Ha!” I said, continuing on.
“I’m so depressed. I think
I was actually gonna jump!”
I brushed right past him,
Not missing a step
and muttered,
“do what ya gotta do, brother.
This life thing, it’s up to you.”

No comments: