Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A POEM - THE MAKE BELIEVE AMERICAN WHORE THIEF

THE MAKE BELIEVE AMERICAN WHORE THIEF
We’d scored some weed
on this island in Thailand
And I was sitting on a curb
Outside a barber shop
at maybe 2 or 3 AM.
I was trying to roll a joint
with very little success.
An American girl walked by
And asked me what I was doing,
like she didn't know.
“get out of here, whore! Get
Away from me, if you know
What’s good for ya!”
“hey!” she yelled back. “fuck
You! Fuck you, asshole!”
“oh, that’s it!” I shouted back,
Putting down the failed joint
And pretending to lunge at her.
She yelped and ran off into
The dark, dusty night and I
Sat down again to make another
Attempt at rolling the joint.
But I couldn’t do it!
Not to save my life!
Complete impossibility!
So I started eating the shit,
what the hell did I care?
Like a whore with a cock,
I just wanted it inside of me.
After finishing the bag
I lied down on the pavement.
My friend came back from the 7/11
Two tallboys in each hand.
“hey,” he said, “where’s the weed?”
I rolled over to my nearly empty
Bottle of Sam Song whiskey,
Skulled the rest of it and mumbled,
“some whore. Some American whore
Robbed me.”

No comments: