Saturday, January 26, 2008

A POEM - FIGHTING IN THE ALLEYS, PUKING IN THE STREETS

FIGHTING IN THE ALLEYS, PUKING IN THE STREETS
The Kid was being pushed around
From one group of people to another
Because nobody wanted him to puke
On their car or their bike or them.
I was standing to the side,
Just howling and laughing my ass off.
“Look at him! Look at him!
Ho ho ho! He’s puking everywhere!”
We’d been thrown out of the bar by
The bartender and we’d just been out
Back beating the hell out of each other,
Rolling around in the dirt and broken
Glass and through the shallow puddles
Of piss and rain. I’d done my puking
Earlier, in one of the bar’s kitchen
Sinks, but the Kid had saved his up
To put on a great display in front of
The bar and all its patrons. Goddamn!
It was just another night in Port City.

1 comment:

Mr.Dumler said...

Oh I remember this alright, well sorta...I believe I had to crawl home that night, but then again I had to crawl home many a nights.