Saturday, March 15, 2008

A POEM - SOME BOMBINGS JUST SEEMED TO MAKE SENSE

SOME BOMBINGS JUST SEEMED TO MAKE SENSE
I was lying in my bed in the Hepi Bunglows,
Thinking back to my nights in Kuta.
I kept picturing this fool,
Some Aussie frat boy or maybe some fool
From Europe or somewhere.
He wasn’t American but he could have been.
He was dancing up on the stage,
Dancing and falling
and licking the stripper pole,
just acting the typical drunk ass fool.
I remembered watching the spectacle,
Along with a few other people,
Who thought nothing of it.
But me, I recalled the memorial just outside,
The one a block down the street,
Dedicated to the people killed in the nightclub bombing
A few years back.
I remembered thinking,
While watching this guy up there on the stage,
While actually seeing him move around,
“jesus, I don’t wonder why they bombed this place.”
It just seemed to make sense, the bombing.
Just like embassies and places like that.
You wonder why anybody would want to destroy
A place like that, killing many people,
But then you actually go to one,
And then you don’t wonder why anymore.
It just seems to make sense.

No comments: