Friday, March 21, 2008

A POEM - GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE

GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE
Each time I passed him by,
The owner of the hotel where I was staying,
He’d ask, “you go see Borobudur today?”
I’d shake my head and he’d come back with,
“you go tomorrow?”
I’d shake my head again.
I didn’t bother trying to explain it to him.
I didn’t give a damn about Borobudur.
I didn’t give a damn about any more temples,
Wats, mosques, churches, cathedrals.
I didn’t give a damn about anything.
I’d seen enough.
I wanted nothing but to be left alone.
I wanted to walk down the street alone
And not have anybody tell me they liked my t shirt,
Or ask me where I was from,
Or tell me to go to the Government Arts Center.
I wanted to go to a bar and pay for a beer,
And know that I wasn’t paying extra
Because the golden color of my skin.
I just wanted to get the fuck outta there,
Outta SE Asia.

No comments: