Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A POEM - SHE WAS LEARNING HOW TO DRINK BEER

SHE WAS LEARNING HOW TO DRINK BEER
She came in the door and slammed it shut.
My dog jumped up from my feet
and ran growling through the hallway
and into the kitchen where she recognized my girlfriend
And began to prance around.
“I hate Sam Adams,” my girlfriend called out to me.
“it’s so gross.”
I remained at the keys and chuckled and said,
“still trying to learn how to drink beer?”
“yup.”
I reached out for my bottle of Miller High Life
and sucked down a few mouthfuls.
“just give it time, babe. Practice makes
perfect, right?”
“I guess, but I hate that Sam Adams. What terrible stuff.”
“yeah, I’m not a fan of it either. Too bitter and heavy. Stick with the lighter ones like Corona or High Life.”
“ok,” she replied. “I gotta get ready to go to
work now.”
“all right, babe. Make some money.”

No comments: