Friday, February 1, 2008

A POEM - OUT OF BED AND FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT

OUT OF BED AND FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT
I was sitting in bed,
Trying to figure out what day it was,
And whether or not it was that night
That Gerard was flying in.
Outside my window was another building,
About two feet away.
I heard a thumping around and then,
“tap out! Just tap out, dude!”
It was nine in the morning
And a pair of friends were already wrestling.
It warmed my wicked heart.
“aw, what the fuck was that?!” one grunted.
“just tap out, dude. Tap out.”
“hey!” I yelled into the alley,
Not knowing from which window
the voices were coming.
“you guys shut the hell up,
Or I’ll come out there
and kick both your asses.”
There was a silence for a moment,
And one of them murmured back,
“oh, yeah?”
“Yeah, now what’s the date today, anyway?”

No comments: