Friday, February 15, 2008

A POEM - WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD, OTHERS HAVE IT WORSE

WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD, OTHERS HAVE IT WORSE
I was down and out in Trang,
After bidding farewell to Gerard,
Up in Phuket.
By down and out,
I don’t mean I was broke.
I had money to eat,
For at least another little while,
But I was wretchedly sick,
Morbidly depressed,
And was wondering what the hell it was,
that I doing with my life,
or rather wasn't doing with my life.
I was wandering the streets,
In search of something to ease the pain,
Caused by the severe congestion
In my sinuses.
I saw a pharmacy
And was about to go in,
When I noticed a dog up on the counter.
Normally, in Thailand,
This wouldn’t have phased me.
Hell, I’d once eaten at a place
That had a live cat sleeping in the food fridge.
You just got used to these things.
But this dog,
It was standing there,
And the pharmacist,
He was lifting up the dog’s tail,
And sticking his finger into its asshole!
I did a quick 180 and thought to myself,
“shit, I thought I had it bad. Poor little doggie!”

No comments: